Friday, January 25, 2008

My Childhood Evergreen Tree


This tree stood on the south west corner of the log house that I grew up in at Merle Saskatchewan. Although the log house is gone and was replaced by one made of lumber and the farm is abandond,the tree is still there strong and straight, I used to lie there in the tall grass and look up at the sky to find faces and animals in the clouds. It was so peacefull there!

I remember walking back behind that tree and across the field for about a mile to the rapids, such a beautifuf walk ! I miss that place. One never forgets what they loved as a kid.

I would also walk in the pasture,south of the barn and circle the swamp (I was afraid to walk through it !) and go to the river bank which was also about a mile from home. how I loved those walks ! I hope when God takes me home he will let me walk there again, that would really be Heaven !!

No comments: